Shed, est. 1946
The Roman Catholic mission provided much of its’ own food, 1930’s to early 1970’s; brought in several hundred hens each summer from south, and pioneered a successful poultry operation long before anyone else had tried such a venture in the north. This was discontinued when aircraft began regular service to the settlement in Chesterfield Inlet, when the mission was no longer dependent on one ship per year during sea-lift season to bring in supplies. In 1946, Br. G.M. Paradis built a chicken coop/ shed, and operated until 1970 by the Grey Nun’s of Nicolet (Ste. Therese Hospital), and RC mission.