The Hudson’s Bay Company post in Chesterfield Inlet
The Hudson’s Bay Company establish a trading post in Chesterfield Inlet (Igluligaarjuk) in 1911 along the coast of Hudson Bay. The plaque near the entrance (now the warehouse, formerly the Hudson’s Bay Company post complex) to the building shows two young Hudson’s Bay Company apprentices, R.J. Spence and J.L. Ford, with a loft full of pelts, in 1928. The other photograph shows the H.B.C. complex as it looked in that same year.